a new breed of sim racing

October 2019

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None


Most users ever online was 63 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 am

Latest topics

» newbie to forum
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:35 am by Fordly56

» Download Link
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 1:04 pm by Mustangman759

» Speedsims Halloween Havoc Figure 8 Wreckfest
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:23 pm by Spike

» 13th Heat Community Awards Voting Open
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 pm by DusterLag

» HMS EVENTS
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:46 pm by Jess Rathbun

» 2013 Unofficial Results Thread
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:33 pm by Bmxtwins

» Miami server?
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:22 pm by Bmxtwins

» Mustangman's Setups
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:52 pm by Mustangman759

» Points after Darlington
2012 Cup Season - Teams? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 pm by Bmxtwins


    2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Bmxtwins
    Bmxtwins
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Bmxtwins on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:04 pm

    Is there interest in a team championship for the upcoming 2012 cup series?
    Mustangman759
    Mustangman759
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2010-10-19
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Mustangman759 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:53 pm

    I would prefer not. Keep it simple
    avatar
    racingrick

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2010-10-28

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by racingrick on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:56 pm

    yea,just keep it like it is
    Bmxtwins
    Bmxtwins
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Bmxtwins on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 pm

    That's what I was thinking but figured I'd ask
    avatar
    DusterLag

    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2010-11-16

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by DusterLag on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:57 pm

    I like it, hence why I'm bringing it back to OWAction and LCHRL, but its up to each league. It's hard to find something that will really work. Its difficult to find a method that wont have its issues.

    I feel like it encourages the formation of teams, sharing of setups, overall team work and better competition among normal racers. However at the same time it can have the opposite effect on drivers racing who are not on teams.
    avatar
    Chowda Racing-S

    Posts : 5
    Join date : 2012-01-05

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Chowda Racing-S on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm

    DusterLag wrote:I like it, hence why I'm bringing it back to OWAction and LCHRL, but its up to each league. It's hard to find something that will really work. Its difficult to find a method that wont have its issues.

    I feel like it encourages the formation of teams, sharing of setups, overall team work and better competition among normal racers. However at the same time it can have the opposite effect on drivers racing who are not on teams.
    I found that when I was on NHDL when I had teammates it definitely was beneficial but I also saw a big drop off if you didn't.
    For instance at talladega in the testing I did not have a teammate, then Roll Tide and Trumpet helped me out when I joined their team. I like encouraging others to share setups to even out the competition, but those left without setups are in the dust.
    Mustangman759
    Mustangman759
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2010-10-19
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Mustangman759 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:11 pm

    Chowda Racing-S wrote:
    DusterLag wrote:I like it, hence why I'm bringing it back to OWAction and LCHRL, but its up to each league. It's hard to find something that will really work. Its difficult to find a method that wont have its issues.

    I feel like it encourages the formation of teams, sharing of setups, overall team work and better competition among normal racers. However at the same time it can have the opposite effect on drivers racing who are not on teams.
    I found that when I was on NHDL when I had teammates it definitely was beneficial but I also saw a big drop off if you didn't.
    For instance at talladega in the testing I did not have a teammate, then Roll Tide and Trumpet helped me out when I joined their team. I like encouraging others to share setups to even out the competition, but those left without setups are in the dust.
    teams still can exist, but we do not officially support them via points
    Bmxtwins
    Bmxtwins
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Bmxtwins on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:39 pm

    Feel free to put team logos on your cars and what not, but like mustang says I think driver points is a better idea, because then people wont be inclined to join a team.
    avatar
    Grumpy

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Age : 52
    Location : Ft. Mill, SC

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Grumpy on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:25 pm

    Bmxtwins wrote:Feel free to put team logos on your cars and what not, but like mustang says I think driver points is a better idea, because then people wont be inclined to join a team.

    How can we put logos on cars if we are using in game cars?
    Bmxtwins
    Bmxtwins
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Bmxtwins on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:01 pm

    *Insert face palm here*

    Anyways, not sure if we will force ingames for regular season.
    avatar
    Grumpy

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Age : 52
    Location : Ft. Mill, SC

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Grumpy on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:13 pm

    Bmxtwins wrote:*Insert face palm here*

    Anyways, not sure if we will force ingames for regular season.

    If you are not enforcing ingame cars for regular season I would like #07 if it is possible. Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    2012 Cup Season - Teams? Empty Re: 2012 Cup Season - Teams?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:33 am