a new breed of sim racing

November 2017

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


Most users ever online was 25 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 am

Latest topics

» newbie to forum
Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:35 am by Fordly56

» Download Link
Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:04 pm by Mustangman759

» Speedsims Halloween Havoc Figure 8 Wreckfest
Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:23 pm by Spike

» 13th Heat Community Awards Voting Open
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 pm by DusterLag

» HMS EVENTS
Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:46 pm by Jess Rathbun

» 2013 Unofficial Results Thread
Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:33 pm by Bmxtwins

» Miami server?
Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:22 pm by Bmxtwins

» Mustangman's Setups
Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:52 pm by Mustangman759

» Points after Darlington
Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 pm by Bmxtwins


    Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Share

    Grumpy

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Age : 50
    Location : Ft. Mill, SC

    Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Grumpy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:00 pm

    I want to say that I am very disappointed a caution wasn't called when Patch hit the wall then took me with him down pit road. Sad

    Really sad considering there were 2 admins watching the race. Shocked

    3 people said something either on Team Speak orin Chat.

    racingrick

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2010-10-28

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by racingrick on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:02 pm

    Need a provisional for me and my dad - Tim/JeffG24Rcn
    avatar
    Cody Kerr
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2011-04-20

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Cody Kerr on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:10 am

    I was waiting, and expecting for the caution to be thrown. I was about to call the yellow, but I didn't know if Mustang was paying attention or not. And if he wasn't, I couldn't run the pacecar and type at the same time because I use keys.
    avatar
    Cody Kerr
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2011-04-20

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Cody Kerr on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:10 am

    racingrick wrote:Need a provisional for me and my dad - Tim/JeffG24Rcn

    It's too late. Best look forward to the next race now.

    Grumpy

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Age : 50
    Location : Ft. Mill, SC

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Grumpy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 am

    Cody Kerr wrote:
    racingrick wrote:Need a provisional for me and my dad - Tim/JeffG24Rcn

    It's too late. Best look forward to the next race now.

    You should check the final race results. They already have been awarded points.

    DusterLag

    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2010-11-16

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by DusterLag on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 am

    Cody Kerr wrote:I was waiting, and expecting for the caution to be thrown. I was about to call the yellow, but I didn't know if Mustang was paying attention or not. And if he wasn't, I couldn't run the pacecar and type at the same time because I use keys.

    Mustang did not want to call the caution and believed it was not necessary.

    I'm with Grumpy and the others (including Bmxtwins and Cody - 2 admins) on this one, it was clear a caution was applicable. And when we get cautions for one car slow on the track and not for a actual wreck it makes people think.

    I hate to be a part of these type of conversations publicly but I think its important the league (in this case one admin) acknowledge the mistake and move on. Smile
    avatar
    Bmxtwins
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Age : 23
    Location : USA

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Bmxtwins on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 am

    I mean if it was a caution filled race then I wouldnt have called it. But hell we only had one caution the entire night

    Grumpy

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Age : 50
    Location : Ft. Mill, SC

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Grumpy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 am

    Bmxtwins wrote:I mean if it was a caution filled race then I wouldnt have called it.

    Are you kidding, A 2 car accident no matter how many cautions were called deserves a caution. Basically I posted this just to let you know I was unhappy how things were handled. Also for Mustangman to man up and admit he was wrong. I know it's just a game. I like this type of racing and will likely be back for as many as I can. Smile

    Donaldson

    Posts : 121
    Join date : 2010-10-22
    Age : 32
    Location : North Carolina

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Donaldson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am

    i agree with grumpy that the earley wreck should have been a caution. the 1 caution that did come out which i assume was for grumpy spinning with like 14 to go. Why was that called a caution? He spun, hit the wall and then immediatley got off the track. Nobody was affected in any way.

    on a side note, i tied with most laps led for indy so i should also recieve a bonus point for most laps led. and for the new hampshire race i was told by an admin that mustang would reiceve a 1 point penalty for jumping the restart which is not listed.

    DusterLag

    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2010-11-16

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by DusterLag on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:04 pm

    Donaldson wrote:the 1 caution that did come out which i assume was for grumpy spinning with like 14 to go. Why was that called a caution? He spun, hit the wall and then immediatley got off the track. Nobody was affected in any way.

    They called it because he was endangering me, but by the time it was called I was already by. The idea was right but implementation was late. I would say that type of caution is admin discretion but any 2+ car accident automatically deserves a caution based on every past race. To be fair the rulebook does say that cautions are only at admin discretion but consistency from every other race to this one would have been nice and we have been left to believe that 2+ car accidents automatically deserve a caution.

    DusterLag

    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2010-11-16

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by DusterLag on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:05 pm

    Grumpy wrote:
    Bmxtwins wrote:I mean if it was a caution filled race then I wouldnt have called it.

    Are you kidding, A 2 car accident no matter how many cautions were called deserves a caution. Basically I posted this just to let you know I was unhappy how things were handled. Also for Mustangman to man up and admit he was wrong. I know it's just a game. I like this type of racing and will likely be back for as many as I can. Smile

    I think Bmx might have actually been agreeing with you, but maybe I'm misunderstanding it. Smile He agreed with you in Team Speak when and after it occurred.

    Donaldson

    Posts : 121
    Join date : 2010-10-22
    Age : 32
    Location : North Carolina

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Donaldson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:12 pm

    i kinda wish we would just go back to non caution races. that would solve a majority of the issues.

    Grumpy

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Age : 50
    Location : Ft. Mill, SC

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Grumpy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 pm

    DusterLag wrote:
    Grumpy wrote:
    Bmxtwins wrote:I mean if it was a caution filled race then I wouldnt have called it.

    Are you kidding, A 2 car accident no matter how many cautions were called deserves a caution. Basically I posted this just to let you know I was unhappy how things were handled. Also for Mustangman to man up and admit he was wrong. I know it's just a game. I like this type of racing and will likely be back for as many as I can. Smile

    I think Bmx might have actually been agreeing with you, but maybe I'm misunderstanding it. Smile He agreed with you in Team Speak when and after it occurred.

    I know he agreed with me on Team Speak. But his comment " I mean if it was a caution filled race then I wouldnt have called it."

    Didn't sit very well with me.

    Grumpy

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Age : 50
    Location : Ft. Mill, SC

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Grumpy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:19 pm

    Donaldson wrote:i kinda wish we would just go back to non caution races. that would solve a majority of the issues.

    I personally like the cautions. It makes for a more interesting game. Now I don't always agree with some of the rules that come with cautions but it's there league. If thats how they want to do it, then I will have to deal with it. Very Happy


    Spike

    Posts : 106
    Join date : 2010-11-12

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Spike on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:07 pm

    Donaldson wrote:i kinda wish we would just go back to non caution races. that would solve a majority of the issues.
    The cautions give drivers an extra chance or two at a good finish. Hell look at michigan, I was in a few wrecks but was able to get back up and finish 3rd.
    Even with 2 sets of eyes they don't see everything but if one of them seen it a caution should have been called but everybody makes mistakes. I can also see bmx's point about not calling a caution for a 2 car accident in a caution filled race as the race takes forever to finish. At least RR doesn't call cautions for debris Laughing

    Donaldson

    Posts : 121
    Join date : 2010-10-22
    Age : 32
    Location : North Carolina

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Donaldson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:38 pm

    avatar
    Mustangman759
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2010-10-19
    Age : 23
    Location : USA

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Mustangman759 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:36 pm

    I stated on ts3 why I initially did not call it. I reviewed the replay afterwards and did take blame for it. Although i bet you wanted a debris caution for the signboard your destroyed too? :p
    avatar
    Mustangman759
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2010-10-19
    Age : 23
    Location : USA

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Mustangman759 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:40 pm

    Donaldson wrote:i kinda wish we would just go back to non caution races. that would solve a majority of the issues.
    There are other leagues offering just what you want, we like what we have here though.

    Grumpy

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Age : 50
    Location : Ft. Mill, SC

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Grumpy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:47 pm

    Mustangman759 wrote:I stated on ts3 why I initially did not call it. I reviewed the replay afterwards and did take blame for it. Although i bet you wanted a debris caution for the signboard your destroyed too? :p

    I didn't hear you take blame for it. Thats all i wanted.

    No I wasn't looking for a debris caution. That was a 1 car and a sign accident. Laughing

    DusterLag

    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2010-11-16

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by DusterLag on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 pm

    I also enjoy the cautions and if we had more admins and I didnt want to race as well my leagues would also have them! I'm working on a way for me to race and call cautions but have not quite gotten there yet. (Need more desk space)
    avatar
    Bmxtwins
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Age : 23
    Location : USA

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Bmxtwins on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:24 am

    The only thing i can think of is some sort of autodrive. Also i wouldnt recommend for indy or legend cars because of the fact that legends are meant to banged and u cant pot anyways and indy would be a wreckfest due to he speed. I was workinh on some sort of auto hotkey system for the ai maybe you couldfinish it

    Sponsored content

    Re: Indianapolis (Brickyard SP)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:19 am